Tuesday, January 7, 2020

If you were to ever find yourself in a Feudal society:


If you were to ever find yourself in a Feudal society:

Due in class Thursday January 9th.


You need to write a story that describes life during feudal times. 
What was life like for the various people in society and how were they affected
by the various obstacles/events .  You will need to include all of the following:


  • Life for serfs and freemen and what was the difference
  • Life on the farm as opposed to life in the city
  • How did the feudal hierarchy work
  • Role of women
  • Difference between peasant and noble women
  • Difference between peasant women on the farms and peasant women in towns
  • How did the system of contracts work
  • Middle Ages





Short Example (care of Mr. Hoganson) :

My life is almost unbearable as a serf during this time period.  The only thing keeping me going
is my family and ensuring I provide for them.  I wake up before the sun rises to go and work
on the farm all day in the scorching heat only to come home when the sun goes down to a
terrible meal and a run down shack for a house. At least if I was a freeman instead of a serf
I could leave the land and work where I choose but I cannot leave this farm as I am a slave
to my lord. I guess it could be worse life in the city isn’t much better, I heard there are lots
of rats and disease.  At least in the city people are free to work and make money unlike me. 

The evolution of KelbaHum

All Kelba Humanities now hosted on D2L for now to align all of our school communications. Any difficulties with access: pekelba@educbe.ca